It’s been a long, cold winter in north-central Indiana. I’ve sort of given up eating salads and opting for some warm comfort food instead! Having been snowed in for a few days in recent weeks, I had to dig through the freezer and pantry to figure out what I could throw together for supper! I found ingrediants for a yummy Cheeseburger Bacon Barbeque Pasta that would stick to our ribs and I knew the kids would love to eat! My Farm Crew loved this. I hope yours will as well!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 diced tomato
- 16 ounces of whatever pasta you have on hand, I used ziti
- 16 ounce bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole pan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a skillet heat up the oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until done. Drain the ground beef mixture
- Stir in tomato sauce, barbeque sauce, ½ the tomatoes, the pasta and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Dump mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bacon
- Bake until bubbly 20 - 25 minutes.