Christmas is just around the corner and, if you are like me, I’m sure you are busy baking every concoction you can think of. Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year (well, Summer is close to the top also), but with it comes the stress of finding the perfect gift for all the people on your list and baking sweet goodies to give to all those special loved ones.
This layered brownie is so easy to make and super festive to get you in the holiday baking spirit…if you aren’t already there. I plan on taking this to at least one of our 7 get-togethers.
- 20 oz. box brownie mix
- 16 oz. container cream cheese frosting
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 C. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 C. Rice Krispies
- Sprinkles, optional
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions and bake according to package directions.
- Let cool.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies, refrigerate until set.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add cereal and spread over frosting.
- Top with festive sprinkles, optional.
- Refrigerate until set.